UNEMPLOYMENT INSURANCE AUDIT NYC
There are hundreds of unemployment insurance audits taking place every week, so if you receive notification for an audit, it is nothing to be worried about so long as your records are maintained and you are prepared for it.
- SALE TAX AUDIT
- WORKERS COMP AUDIT
- UNEMPLOYEMENT INSURANCE AUDIT
WHY ARE YOU BEING AUDITED?
One of the questions that is often asked is why am I being audited. The simple question can be answered after reviewing your account. Our firm helps to figure this out by looking at your records and then also helps you to plan for an unemployment insurance audit.
Secondly, we should remind you that you need to take the deadline that you have been given very seriously as there are repercussions if you do not meet the deadline.
Also, you must understand that the system randomly chooses a person to be audited to make sure that there are no overpayments or underpayments.
It is best to have maintained a record for a minimum of 4 years to ensure that you have all the information that will be needed by you when facing an auditor. Government agencies do audits to protects the unemployment insurance system from any fraudulent behavior.
While under audit, your job searches also get checked so you need to make sure that you do fulfill the minimum requirement of the job searches that is needed otherwise there may be problems for you.
WHAT SERVICES DO WE OFFER?
We offer a multitude of services to companies as well as individual contractors. Some of those are:
- AUDIT CONSULTANCY:
- We offer consultancy services for audits.
- We guide you about how to go about bookkeeping as well as record maintaining.
- We also guide you whether you should employ our services or not.
- UNEMPLOYMENT INSURANCE AUDIT PLANNING:
- We help you plan for an unemployment audit assessing your specific situations and guiding you about how to handle an audit if you are served a notification for one.
- We also guide you to keep a record of your job searches.
- We also evaluate what category you fit in and whether you should continue receiving unemployment insurance or not.
WHAT TO DO WHEN YOU RECEIVE A NOTIFICATION FOR AN UNEMPLOYMENT INSURANCE AUDIT?
Although we may be employed by a government agency as well to do the audit, here are a few things you should do if you are contacted by an auditor for an audit:
- CONTACT THE AUDITOR:
- You must call the auditor and confirm the time, date, and place that your audit is going to take place in.
- You should also confirm what the audit is about.
- You should also find out how far the audit will go back to; it can be anything from one year to four.
- FIND OUT WHAT RECORDS YOU NEED TO SHOW:
- You need to find out what records you will need to present to the auditor.
- Make a list of those and make sure you have them on hand on the day of the audit.
- REVIEW THE AUDIT:
- When an audit has taken place, the auditor will review the audit with you.
- You can go over it.
- The auditor may show you any additional taxes that you have not paid or may find some payments that have not been paid to you.
- If you do not agree with the results, there is a procedure for it as well.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THE AUDIT RESULTS?
If you do not agree with the audit results after reviewing them, you should file an audit review right away. This is because there is a certain deadline to it, which is mentioned in the notification that you received for an audit. After the deadline passes, your claims will not be heard.
Another thing that you should keep in mind is that if you have a third party administrator for unemployment, then you should ask them to look into the audit reviews with you as well.
WHERE ARE WE BASED?
We are set up in the state of New York and provide unemployment insurance auditing services in the city of New York as well as its boroughs, namely Brooklyn, Bronx, Manhattan, Queens, and Staten Island.