Business Licensing Services New York
When opening or starting up a business, a license is required to legalize it. Our firm offers business licensing services New York to ensure that you do not have problems with the law in the future. In the state of New York, laws dictate that business must have a license or they face the consequences such as being foreclosed or fined. Whether you need a Business License NYC for a small business or a big one, we have got the answer for you.
LICENSE OR PERMIT?
The state of New York provides businesses with licenses as well as permits. If you are confused to as what would be required for your business, here are some differences between the two. Every state has different laws when it comes to permits and licenses. This will help you get a clear view of them.
NEW YORK CITY BUSINESS LICENSE
A license is more of a generalized allowance that permits a person or a business to do something.
NEW YORK CITY BUSINESS PERMIT
A permit needs a thorough inspection before it can be issued. Permits are given to health practitioners and businesses in similar fields. Permits are required for professions that can be hazardous, like construction, roof tiling, etc.
NEW YORK CITY BUSINESS LICENSE SEARCH
If you want to confirm whether or not your business is licensed, New York City business license NYC search you can check it up online on the government website that has been specified for business. You can also use this website to see if there are any changes in the state policy or if you are due for license renewal. For this, you need a few details as well, that are:
- Transaction number: this is a number that has been provided to you when you filed for a license and can be:
- License number:
- This is the license number that has been given to you by the state when you licensed your business.
- Account number:
- When you register online on the government website, you first need to create an account.
- This is specific to your business only.
- Docket Number:
- This is the number that has been assigned to your receipt for a license.
- In case you are waiting to get your license, you can use this number.
- Address: In case you do not have either of the numbers mentioned above, you can easily still track and find out the license of your business by inputting the correct, complete address.
HOW TO APPLY FOR A BUSINESS LICENSE IN NYC
Now that you know, what a business license is and how important it is, you also need to know how to get a business license in NYC. We provide guidance at all steps that are:
- Find the requirement for license:
- First, you need to find whether your field requires a license.
- Some professions require additional permits as well such as driver’s license etc.
- Search for a name that has not been licensed:
- We can guide you about these by performing extensive searches and finding a unique name for your business.
- Find what the required forms are:
- You need to find out what forms would be required for your business.
- Our firm can guide you about this procedure as we are well versed in state laws
- Gather information for your forms:
- Next, you need to collect all the information that is required in one place.
- This information includes the name of the business, the address as well as contact information.
- It also includes the information of the owners, including the home addresses as well as the EIN that has been issued to the employers by the IRS.
- You also need to know how many employees there will possibly be.
- Our firm can help in gathering all this information for you.
- Enter the information into the application:
- Our firm can do this step for you to provide ease of setting up a business.
- File your forms:
- Some forms can be submitted online while some need to be submitted via mail.
- Forms usually have this kind of information written on them.
- Pay the required fees:
- There is an amount charged by the city to process and provide you with a license.
- The prices may vary from state to state as well as from profession to profession.
- Receive your license:
- You are almost at the finishing line.
- Now all you need to do is wait to get the license.
This procedure is for small businesses in New York as well as bigger ones. Now that you know how to get a license in New York City, you must be wondering about what it costs.
WHAT IS THE COST OF A BUSINESS LICENSE IN NEW YORK CITY?
The cost of a license can be in the range of $50 – $400 as laws vary and get updated, so it is necessary to find out the latest prices before applying for a business license.
NYC BUSINESS LICENSE RENEWAL
Everything has a particular expiry that comes along with it. In this manner, business Licensing Services NYC are bound to expire too. In the case that your license expires, you should get it renewed as soon as possible, or you could face penalties and fines by the state of New York.
It is crucial to be prepared for this circumstance so that you do not wait until the last moment to get your license renewed. The validity of your license can be easily found in the description page of your account if you have gotten your license or applied for one online. You can also contact the New York state agency to find out the expiry of your license.
There are additional fees that need to be paid if you apply for a renewal of a business licensing. Our firm can guide you about the whole procedure as well as any changes made in the state’s policy.
WHERE ARE WE LOCATED?
We are located in the state of New York. Our firm caters to the businesses in New York as well as its five boroughs; Manhattan, Queens, Staten Island, Bronx, and Brooklyn.